2021 INTRO TO K9 NOSE WORK CLASS COMING SOON
If class is full, email email@example.com to get on the interest list for future classes. If your dog is already active in nose work, there are also spots available in continuing K9 Nose Work classes.
REGISTER FOR CLASS
TO REGISTER, SELECT THE CLASS FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU, PROVIDE YOUR EMAIL, YOUR DOG’S NAME, AGE AND BREED, AND CLICK ‘BUY NOW’
- Cost: $360 (12 classes)
- Location: Blue Springs ‘n Katydid, 2980 W Oxford Ave # B, Englewood, CO 80110
- Days: Mondays, 7:30-9 p.m.
- Dates: June 22, July 6, July 13, July 20, July 27, Aug 3, Aug 10, Aug 17, Aug 24, Aug 31, Sep 14, Sep 21
ABOUT K9 NOSE WORK CLASSES
Nose work is great fun for your dog and provides wonderful enrichment. It’s perfect for just about any dog – young, old, fast, slow, rambunctious or shy, hearing or deaf dogs, visually impaired dogs, and even dog-reactive dogs. Intro to Nose Work consists of two, 6-week classes. This fun class will introduce your dog to to nose work, build drive and enthusiasm, develop key skills, introduce them to the key search elements (interiors, exteriors, vehicles, containers), and introduce the dogs to odor. It will also teach handlers good dog observations skills.
Taught by a Certified Nose Work Instructor (CNWI), these classes will use the proven methodologies developed by the National Association of Canine Scent Work (NACSW), the developers and leaders of this exciting sport. Your dogs will love the reward-based activity, as well as the opportunity to do what comes naturally to them, be the leaders of the searches, solve problems, and develop organically at their own pace. Your dogs will build the critical foundations skills needed to thrive doing nose work for fun or for competition with any venue (NACSW, USCSS, AKC, UKC).
If you have any questions, email Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video credit: Laurie Luck, Smart Dog University
WHAT IS NOSE WORK?
Nose Work is a fabulous activity and sport designed for anyone and any dog. Nose Work builds on your dog’s natural ability to smell and hunt, and builds drive to search for food and odors. You and your dog can play for fun or compete in sport trials. It provides mental exercise for your dog, builds confidence for shy or fearful dogs, gives high energy dogs a workout without requiring the owner to be athletic (no running like in agility), helps dogs focus, helps the reactive dog participate in a classroom environment without the stress of other dogs in the room at the same time, and strengthens the relationship between you and your dog. It’s fun for you and your dog!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Any dog with a nose! Young dogs, old dogs, any breed, dogs with high energy, dogs with low energy, dogs with physical limitations, dogs with dog reactivity issues, fearful dogs, dogs with any level or lack of obedience. Get get the idea.
- Dog must be at least 3 months old unless given permission by trainer first.
- No prior training required for Intro to K9 Nose Work.
- Dogs must be able to be calmly kenneled in a different room from owner and/or relax in the car away from owner.
- Dog reactive dogs welcome! Only one dog allowed in the room at a time, so K9 Nose Work is popular with dog reactive dog owners. (Email trainer prior to registration if dog is human reactive to determine if class is a good fit.)