JOIN THE K9 NOSE WORK FUN!
INTRO TO K9 NOSE WORK AND ADVANCED K9 NOSE WORK CLASSES AVAILABLE
(Classes are held near S. Santa Fe Dr. and Hampden Ave)
ADVANCE K9 NOSE WORK DROP IN PASSES
(Please email [email protected] if you’re interested in a novice skills building drop in class and we’ll notify you when this class has been added.)
- Attend class at your convenience
- Easy, online class registration
- View class calendar online and on your phone
- Flexible punch passes – just create an account on the Punch Pass website, purchase a pass and sign up for classes!
Purchase Your Advanced Nose Work Drop In Punch Pass Here: Pawsitive Worx Nose Work Punch Pass
- Advanced K9 Nose Work (available now!) This class is for students working at the NACSW NW2 or AKC Advanced level or higher, with dog already on birch, anise and clove. Classes may include a combination of CNWI instructor teaching/insights, search practice, trial prep/practice, interiors, exteriors, vehicles, containers, etc. Classes may be inside or outside.
- Novice Skills Building (coming soon) This class is for novice students with dogs on Birch. Students must have completed Intro to Nose Work and Intro to Odor classes or equivalent with an instructor or have attended classes/trained for at least 3 months. Classes will focus on critical skills building. Examples include: introducing new odors, elevated hides, handler skills, improving reading dog body language, working more complex hides, inaccessible hides, interiors, exteriors, containers, vehicles and more! Classes may be inside or outside.
Purchase Your Advanced Nose Work Drop In Pass Here: Pawsitive Worx Nose Work Punch Pass
INTRO TO K9 NOSE WORK – FEB 2024 CLASS IS FULL
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE. YOU MUST GET PERMISSION TO JOIN BEFORE REGISTERING. Please, email [email protected] to request a spot in class. If class is full, email to join the waitlist for the next beginner group.
Intro to K9 Nose Work is a 6-week course that introduces people and their dogs to the exciting sport of scent work. It will immediately be followed by an Intro to Odor course. Please read below for info about nose work classes and pre-requisites. Also, if class is full, email [email protected] to get on the interest list for future classes.
REGISTER HERE FOR INTRO TO K9 NOSE WORK (Fee: $210):
Nose work is great fun for your dog and provides wonderful enrichment. It’s perfect for just about any dog – young, old, fast, slow, rambunctious or shy, hearing or deaf dogs, visually impaired dogs, and even dog-reactive dogs. Intro to Nose Work consists of two, 6-week classes. This fun class will introduce your dog to to nose work, build drive and enthusiasm, develop key skills, introduce them to the key search elements (interiors, exteriors, vehicles, containers), and introduce the dogs to odor (introduced in the second 6-week course). It will also teach handlers good dog observations skills.
Taught by Certified Nose Work Instructor (CNWI) Stacy Block, these classes will use the proven methodologies developed by the National Association of Canine Scent Work (NACSW), the developers and leaders of this exciting sport. Your dogs will love the reward-based activity, as well as the opportunity to do what comes naturally to them, be the leaders of the searches, solve problems, and develop organically at their own pace. Your dogs will build the critical foundations skills needed to thrive doing nose work for fun and enrichment or for competition.
After you and your dog complete Intro to K9 Nose Work, you will move to the 6-week Intro to Vehichles/Exteriors/Odor class. After that second intro class is over, the world opens up and we move on to strengthening dogs on odor, building more complex odor problems and building handler skills.
If you have any questions, email Stacy at [email protected].
WHAT IS NOSE WORK?
Nose Work is a fabulous activity and sport designed for anyone and any dog. Nose Work builds on your dog’s natural ability to smell and hunt, and builds drive to search for food and odors. You and your dog can play for fun or compete in sport trials. It provides mental exercise for your dog, builds confidence for shy or fearful dogs, gives high energy dogs a workout without requiring the owner to be athletic (no running like in agility), helps dogs focus, helps the reactive dog participate in a classroom environment without the stress of other dogs in the room at the same time, and strengthens the relationship between you and your dog. It’s fun for you and your dog!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Any dog with a nose! Young dogs, old dogs, any breed, dogs with high energy, dogs with low energy, dogs with physical limitations, dogs with dog reactivity issues, fearful dogs, dogs with any level or lack of obedience. Get get the idea.
- Dog must be at least 3 months old unless given permission by trainer first.
- No prior training required for Intro to K9 Nose Work.
- Dogs must be able to be calmly kenneled in a different room from owner and/or relax in the car away from owner.
- Dog reactive dogs welcome! Only one dog allowed in the room at a time, so K9 Nose Work is popular with dog reactive dog owners.
- Human reactive dogs require approval by instruction (call Stacy at 720-212-1899 to discuss before registering.)
- Fearful dogs (i.e. of new environments) require discussion and approval with instructor (call Stacy at 720-212-1899 to discuss.)